Sunday, September 2, 2007

Thesis Update

Last Week I completed the partial draft, which consisted of introduction, literary review, methodology and results. However, these parts were not totally completed, and require editing.

Additionally, I performed the fuzzy clustering analysis over three cycles using R, as stated before, and discussed the results with Dr Poon in our weekly meeting. It was decided that the use of R and the determination of clusters in this manner was not suitable, and as such, we will be switching to Data Engine (a fuzzy clustering tool) for this part of the project.

I will also be taking a look at the use and development of switching regression, and will also implement this in R on Dr Poons given data for now. I will also need to develop a presentation for the overall progress for this wednesdays meeting with Dr Poon, which I am currently in the process of doing.

I will post results up as soon as they become available.

No comments: